Re: [6pack] Suspension rebuild

To: owner-6pack@autox.team.net, 6pack-digest@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [6pack] Suspension rebuild
From: Colin Thom <colinthom@shaw.ca>
Date: Sun, 02 Sep 2007 08:44:01 -0700
Hi Rick,

When you do your rear end (so to speak) consider the uprated rear shocks
from Apple Hydraulics. They're about 10-15% "stiffer" than the stock
ones and IMHO are a good choice. I've got them on my '75 and am very
happy with the handling. One thing I have not done, and listers will
probably agree that we all should, is install the stiff front axles that
don't flex. I can't remember where ya get them, but if you Google it or
post a querry to the list, you'll find out quickly enough. I hear that
this is a must-do. I think Dick Taylor did it recently so perhaps he'll
weigh in with his usual sage advice. Have fun. Colin.