[6pack] "Evil devil clutch"

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: [6pack] "Evil devil clutch"
From: michael lunsford <mblunsfordsr@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 2 Sep 2007 09:15:31 -0700 (PDT)
Ken's problem with the clutch sounds like either air in the line or something
wrong with the rebuild.  It has been so long since I rebuilt my clutch and
since it is easier to try bleeding the system before doing a rebuild of the
rebuild, I'll leave that to someone else.  As far as the air in the line issue
is concerned I would check the bleed valve on the clutch slave cylinder.  Note
that the bleed valve nipple needs to on top of the slave cylinder so that the
air, which floats in the fluid, will come out when you bleed it.  Bleed it the
same way you would the brakes noting that the clutch reservoir is a lot smaller
than the one on the brakes and needs to be refilled frequently.  By the way
"Evil Devil Clutch" has a nice ring to it since so many people have had
problems with this device.

Mike Lunsford, 1970 TR 6