Re: [6pack] Suspension rebuild

To: oliver <sumton@sbcglobal.net>
Subject: Re: [6pack] Suspension rebuild
From: Robert Lang <lang@isis.mit.edu>
Date: Tue, 4 Sep 2007 09:59:08 -0400 (EDT)
On Fri, 31 Aug 2007, oliver wrote:

> i switched to goodparts lowered springs, uprated the front sway bar, and
> added a rear sway.
>
> absolutely without a doubt no comparison best $$ i ever spent on that car.
>
> the original tr6 is quite tail happy.  now its really hard to break the rear
> end loose, and i can scare myself in a corner!

?????????????????

A stock TR6 that's "loose"? You're kidding, right?

The stock TR6 suspension is very prone to understeer, aka it's "tight".
The only stock suspended TR6's that I've driven that were loose had
suspension or alignment problems.

If you can't break your car loose with the Goodparts front and rearbars,
try moving the attachment link closer to the rear of the car.

Once you get it right, the car will "rotate" quite nicely and it's quite
predictable.

FWIW, I have Addco on my street car and it's actually more "loose" than my
race car (which has the Goodparts bars front and rear). If you want a
thrill sometime, let me know. I'll take you for a "spin" in the street
car.

=:-0

rml
Consultant            MIT IS&T unix-linux-help |
Voice:617-253-7438    FAX: 617-258-9535        |  Cell: 339-927-4489