Re: [6pack] emissions controls

To: marty.tr6@gmail.com (Marty Clark)
Subject: Re: [6pack] emissions controls
From: tr6taylor@webtv.net (Sally or Dick Taylor)
Date: Fri, 7 Sep 2007 12:35:19 -0700
Marty---I think the AZ emissions testing proceedure is similar to what
we have in CA. Most of the emissions "piping" for this is a visual for
the testing facility, against a check list for that particular model
vehicle. While the HC and CO tail pipe sniff test results is more a
matter of the efficiency of the engine, and the all-important complete
combustion of the air/fuel mix.  The carbon canister is mostly a fuel
vapor trap and should not affect the hydrocarbons testing.
I'm glad that CA has exempted  the 32 year old and older cars.

Dick
Los Angeles