[6pack] Dashboard

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: [6pack] Dashboard
From: "Dr L. Kevin McNelis" <kmcnelis@nmsu.edu>
Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2007 10:48:10 -0600 (MDT)
OK, all.  My original 1972 dashboard is in trouble.  The veneer is
looking shabby and the substrate is beginning to delaminate.  So, I'm
gonna make ne a new one.  Now, let me say that I am a far better
cabinetmaker (with all the requisite tools) than I am LBC mechanic, so
it doesn't scare me at all.  It will be fun!

I am going to use marine plywood for the substrate, and black walnut
verneer.  I am Cherokee, my grandfather was granted land by the Dawes
Commission back at the turn of the century.  I have a lot of furniture
that he and I made from black walnut off of his "Indian Land" as he
called it.  So, black walnut has special meaning to me.

For any of you who have built your own, can you give me any tips or
warnings about the process?  It seems pretty straightforward to me...

Thanks as always.
Kevin