RE: [6pack] Dashboard

To: "Dr L. Kevin McNelis" <kmcnelis@nmsu.edu>, 6pack
Subject: RE: [6pack] Dashboard
From: "Shawn J. Loseke" <sloseke@holly.colostate.edu>
Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2007 17:45:31 -0600
>===== Original Message From "Dr L. Kevin McNelis" <kmcnelis@nmsu.edu> =====

>For any of you who have built your own, can you give me any tips or
>warnings about the process?  It seems pretty straightforward to me...
>
>Thanks as always.
>Kevin

If you can, avoid making it solid. I've seen way too many solid dashes crack
around the eyball vents. Mine is walnut and the walnut is still about 1/4 inch
thick, far more than just a veneer. The rest is alternating layers of marine
grade plywood. Its been ten years with zero issues so it must be pretty stout
still. The stepped holes for the guages were more difficult than expected. At
least thats what the friend that made mine told me. He is an experienced wood
worker as well, but maybe your cabinetry skills will help you in that area.

Thats about all I have.

Shawn J. Loseke
Fort Collins, CO
http://www.triumphowners.com/79   (1972 TR6)