RE: [6pack] accelerating engine issue

To: "John VanNorman" <jsvannorman@gmail.com>, "6-Pack"
Subject: RE: [6pack] accelerating engine issue
From: "Navarrette, Vance" <vance.navarrette@intel.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2007 08:12:56 -0700
        John:

        Sounds like your bypass valves need adjusting. Check your
Bentley - they are the tiny adjustment screws on the radiator side of
the carbs, and the look like they have tiny internal tooth star lock
washers on the adjustment screws. They are counter intuitive, you turn
them counter clockwise to close them (slow the idle).
        You do not need to remove the "lock washers" to adjust them, but
you will need a very short screw driver to adjust the rear carb, as the
adjustment ends up between the two carbs and the throttle linkage is in
the way (probably why they seldom get checked).
        Turn them counter clockwise until the idle falls to normal. Then
adjust each carb separately; turn the adjuster clockwise until the idle
rises noticeably, then counterclockwise until the idle just falls to
normal. From there turn the adjuster one full turn counter clockwise to
insure the valve is fully seated.

        That's my story and I'm sticking to it...

        Vance