[6pack] accelerating engine issue

To: 6-Pack <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: [6pack] accelerating engine issue
From: "John VanNorman" <jsvannorman@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2007 10:04:13 -0400
Here's one for the list I'm stumped on.  I've been doing some work on
my father's new TR6 (a 74 1/2), doing a little TLC projects on it,
fixing things previous owners messed up or didn't take care of, etc.
For some reason when the car is idling after starting her (i.e., it is
just warming up and you have the choke pulled out) the engine will
start accelerating on its own.  If I push in the choke, it fixes it
(but the engine dies, so I'm not sure if that really is fixing it or
it the acceleration is stopping because the engine is dying).  Also,
if I disconnect the hose running to the vacuum advance it stops doing
it.  Any thoughts or ideas?

The one thing I noticed is that the hose running to the vacuum advance
is not the standard hose, but rather a larger soft rubber hose someone
installed along the way, but I'm not sure if that has any impact (the
diameter of the hose is large enough that is slips on to the vacuum
advance without any adaptor).

John V.

--
www.vannorman.no-ip.org