[6pack] 1) Tube Shock Conversions 2) Alloy Brake Drums

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: [6pack] 1) Tube Shock Conversions 2) Alloy Brake Drums
From: Bruce Simms <brucesimms2003@yahoo.ca>
Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2007 21:04:50 -0700 (PDT)
Speaking of Kai, at one point he said he did a bit of a survey and suggested
that those with Konis had more problems then other rear shocks.   My friend
had the exact same bolt to existing holes conversion kit from BPNW as me, only
he had Konis and had frame cracking and, I had Munroes and no issues.  Could
be my frame was stronger.  I'ver never had the 2 brands side-by-side.
Installed my alloy drums last night.   Nice product, they bring a smile to
your face.   I needed new drums, so with a sweet sale price from the Roadster
Factory it was a no brainer. Not sure if my rear brakes will ever get hot
enough to benefit from the alloys running cooler.   Biggest gain in braking
performance was kevlar pads and shoes from  Ted Schumacher.   7/8 bore Sunbeam
Alpine rear brake cylinders and braided steel hoses also added.   I'm
confident in my brakes now.

Bruce Simms
73 tr6

      Be smarter than spam.
See how smart SpamGuard is at giving junk email the boot with the All-new
Yahoo! Mail at http://mrd.mail.yahoo.com/try_beta?.intl=ca