[6pack] Carb adjusting screw retaining clip.

To: 6-Pack <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: [6pack] Carb adjusting screw retaining clip.
From: "John VanNorman" <jsvannorman@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 29 Sep 2007 08:33:27 -0400
I'm in the process of rebuilding the carbs on my father's new TR6 to
correct some mistakes/oversights a DPO made.  Disassembling everything
I found out that someone had not installed the retaining spring clip
that goes on top of the metering needle adjusting screw (maybe that's
why it wouldn't hold damper oil for longer than a day!).

Can someone confirm whether that spring clip is just a normal external
toothed washer with a diameter slightly larger than the diameter of
the air valve shaft?  I remember it looking pretty much like one when
I rebuilt my carbs a year ago.  If it just a normal external toothed
washer, I can just pick two up at the hardware store instead of
ordering them (i.e., save some cash).

For those of you playing along at home, I'm talking about item number
BA20 on page 73 of the blue TRF Catalog.  Thanks!

John V.
1974 1/2 TR6