[6pack] Vacuum leak?

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: [6pack] Vacuum leak?
From: "Dr L. Kevin McNelis" <kmcnelis@nmsu.edu>
Date: Sat, 29 Sep 2007 17:17:23 -0600 (MDT)
Symptoms:  Going down a long, gentle grade, under light braking.
Brakes get less and less, the boost goes away.  If I mash down hard,
I'm OK.  No, not such a long hill, and not such hard braking that I am
gettin heat fade-  it's not that.

If I lift my foot from the brake pedal, the boost comes back.  I have a
re-built booster from that guy that used to re-build them, but then he
sold his company.  I can't remember his name.

Vacuum leak elsewhere?  Or a bad booster.  There is no loss of fluid....

Kevin
'