Re: [6pack] Differential Mount Repair

To: 75TR6@tr6.danielsonfamily.org (Bob Danielson)
Subject: Re: [6pack] Differential Mount Repair
From: tr6taylor@webtv.net (Sally or Dick Taylor)
Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2008 13:45:18 -0800
Bob---The ones TRF sells have a series of holes in them. This makes it
easier to manoever the plates into position prior to the final welding.
They just barely fit inside of the diff mounts on my car. No trimming
was necessary. A tack weld (after removing the factory paint) at corner
positions guaranteed a nice job when finished..

Some weld spatter could end up at the rubber
mount locations. These can be ground away, if large enough to interfere.
Otherwise, these spatters will just merge into the rubber. It's good to
repaint the area, when finished. (Another reason for these large
holes?!)

I did this reinforcement because some of you guys convinced me I was on
borrowed time!. Maybe so, but the mounts were still sound beforehand.

Dick

 From: 75TR6@tr6.danielsonfamily.org(Bob Danielsont

On a TR6, do the re-enforcing brackets fit inside the existing
differential mounting bracket OR do they butt up to the sides of them? I
guess the only difference would be where the welding bead was laid. If
the bracket butts to the side of the mount, the bead would end up more
of top and would that interfere with the differential bushings? I don't
think so but wanted to check with the experts.
Thanks
Bob
Bob Danielson
1975 TR6 CF38503U