Re: [6pack] Differential Mount Repair

To: "Todd Bermudez" <red_tr250@yahoo.com>, <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [6pack] Differential Mount Repair
From: "Navarrette, Vance" <vance.navarrette@intel.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2008 18:12:06 -0800
        Todd:

        FYI, it is easy to make your own. I thought TRF prices were more
than a little high.

        Bought some 16ga weld plate from the hardware store for a few
dollars, made a cardboard template from the actual diff mount, then
transferred it to the weld plate. Cut the plates using a hacksaw, used a
grinder to smooth the edges. Welded them in. Success!
        Admittedly, the TRF plates are nicely made, and VERY robust.
However, not many people will be looking at my home made plates, and
they will probably out last me.

        Cheers,

        Vance