Re: [6pack] [TR] TR6 counter shaft

To: tomislav.marincic@earthlink.net, 6pack@autox.team.net, 6parts@charter.net
Subject: Re: [6pack] [TR] TR6 counter shaft
From: DLylis@aol.com
Date: Sat, 9 Feb 2008 18:27:05 EST
Hmmm, maybe I am wrong here.  In the history of the TR tranny three  types of
countershaft bearings were used.  Needle, Shell, and Caged.   I believe that
the needle is the earliest and that is the loose bearing that  needs to be
held in place with grease while the tranny is assembled.  Next  is shell
bearings
in which the bearing rides on the shaft and the outer surface  of the bearing
is completely enclosed.  The later is caged bearings which,  look like a
cage, in which the bearing in exposed in the inner and outer  surface.  The
names
are very descriptive.
I am under the impression that all ride directly on  the countershaft.  My
experience has been with early trannys;  therefore needle and shell but am
familiar with caged  bearings.

If this is wrong help me out here.

Thanks

David  Lylis