Re: [6pack] [TR] TR6 counter shaft

To: "DLylis@aol.com" <DLylis@aol.com>, "6pack" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [6pack] [TR] TR6 counter shaft
From: "Tomislav Marincic" <tomislav.marincic@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 9 Feb 2008 19:13:42 -0500
David,

I'm sure it's me that's being imprecise and throwing around the wrong term.

I was referring to the bearing that TRF refers to as "press-fit needle
bearings", or that I've usually called "closed-cage" bearings. To be specific,
Roadster Factory part#126862 is a bearing that runs on its own bearing surface,
whereas #150339 is what I would call "open-cage", which run on the layshaft. I
thought one was early type and one late-TR6, but I guess I'm not so sure.

I'm not familiar with the needle type in TR's, is this a TR4 or earlier
application?

Cheers, Tom