Re: [6pack] TR6 Crankshaft Question

To: 75TR6@tr6.danielsonfamily.org, triumphs@autox.team.net,
Subject: Re: [6pack] TR6 Crankshaft Question
From: Vsnively@aol.com
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2008 09:02:08 EST
In a message dated 2/25/2008 8:50:39 AM Eastern Standard Time,
75TR6@tr6.danielsonfamily.org writes:

Folks,
Part of Herman's 5 Speed conversion kit includes a bronze  pilot bushing that
goes into the hole on the end of the crankshaft on the  flywheel side.
However, Herman's stock bushing doesn't fit my crank. We  spoke last night on
the phone and I sent him a   picture
(http://tr6.danielsonfamily.org/Crankshaft.htm) with measurements  so he can
make me a new bushing. I know that there were 2 different  crankshafts for
early vs late TR6's and it also looks like the Pilot  Bushing on the '70-'76
TR6 was in the flywheel and not in the crankshaft.  My Pilot Bushing is in
the flywheel. TRF shows a short type bushing  ('70-'76) and a long type
bushing ('68-'70). My engine block is CF38133UE  and I know the previous
owner had the engine rebuilt a few years before I  bought the car but I have
no idea what he put in the block.

So does  anyone have access to the end of their crank to take a few
measurements  like I show in the picture at the link above? It would help me
and I know  it would help Herman. I'd also be interested to know if the Pilot
Bushing  is in the crank or the flywheel for your year TR6.

Thanks

Bob  Danielson
1975 TR6 CF38503U
Running w/ Throttle Body  Injection
http://tr6.danielsonfamily.org

No virus found in  this outgoing message.
Checked by AVG.
12:19  PM
6pack@autox.team.net

http://www.team.net/archive

You  are subscribed as _vsnively@aol.com_ (mailto:vsnively@aol.com)

Bob,

   Apologies for no help with the dimensional info, but the  standard pilot
bushing for my late-'75 wouldn't fit either. I also tried the  early-version,
no luck. Turns out, after talking to Dave at TRF, who went out of  his way to
measure their pilot bushings, it required a GT6 bushing. I know that  a
preivious owner had been into the clutch, but I can't imagine that the
flywheel or
crank would have been changed.

Regards,
Vic Snively