[6pack] Rear bulkhead panel in metal

To: lajomor05@msn.com, 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: [6pack] Rear bulkhead panel in metal
From: N197TR4@cs.com
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2008 17:47:24 EST
Larry,

Yes. In some sanctioning bodies it is required.

I made several sets of Aluminum Panels for the TR4 Interior in a precoated
material, for myself and five other vintage racers.

The precoated painted panels are common in the stock car business and has a
layer of protective film. It also comes in several basic colors. I also had the
edges 'beaded' for a more finished look. My interior panels are white, but I
also did a rear deck. The stock red is a very close match to the Triumph Red.

http://www.performancebodies.com/

Easy to do but time consuming, if you do it at home.

BTW, Do you need a roll bar?

Joe A

> The rear bulkhead panel (in this case, a TR250)....it is cardboard covered
> with upholstery material of choice.
> The question...
>
> Is it feasible/practical/ rational to cut and fit a sheet metal panel in that
> area (with the cardboard/upholstery panel on the cockpit side of it) to
> function as a tub-stiffener/odor barrier/flaming gasoline barrier between the
> gas tank and the interior of the car???
>
> My apologies if this is an already beaten-to-death subject.....but I can't
> recall if it was or not....
>
> Thanking all in advance...
> Larry M

   </HTML>