Re: [6pack] Rear bulkhead panel

To: JODY A MORRISON <lajomor05@msn.com>, 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [6pack] Rear bulkhead panel
From: Jim Jones <jimjcmo@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2008 14:53:30 -0800 (PST)
Jody:

  I did this, more or less. I made a panel out of aluminum sheet and placed it
behind the stock panel. I drilled oversize holes in the metal to match the
stock panel so the screws would go through it to the fixing points. I didn't do
this to reduce flexing, but only as a barrier in case of a gas spill in a
wreck. I'm not sure it would do that much to improve rigidity, unless you plan
to race the car. My guess in that case is that one might be better off to weld
in angular bracing.

  Jim