Re: [6pack] Rear bulkhead panel

To: JODY A MORRISON <lajomor05@msn.com>
Subject: Re: [6pack] Rear bulkhead panel
From: Robert Lang <lang@isis.mit.edu>
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2008 17:41:06 -0500 (EST)
Hi,

I have made metal panels for that area, but not attached upholstery to
them. Of course my reasons differ in that I play with race cars and my
rules book tells me that I have to use metal there.

But there are interior kits out there that use thin marine plywood and
that would be a very good choice. I think I just saw these kits in the
Moss catalog.

The problem with using metal in that are is that the body twists
underloads and I've had to resort to steel rivets to hold the panel in
because the aluminum rivs kepts shearing off... you  know, chuck the car
into a corner and then a boing noise coming from behind you. Not exactly
confidence inspiring.

regards,
rml
Bob Lang              NER/SCCA                 |  This space for rent
Solo Chair 2008       TR6 40 F Prepared        |  Triumph!
Voice:781-438-2568    FAX: 617-258-9535        |  Cell: 339-927-4489