Re: [6pack] TR6 Dizzy - Part 2

To: <shewfamily@aol.com>, <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [6pack] TR6 Dizzy - Part 2
From: "Joe Laurito" <trglory@verizon.net>
Date: Tue, 01 Sep 2009 11:14:52 -0400
This is what happens when one bozo writes installation instructions and
another bozo follows them to a tee. I hope neither one of us gets the
opportunity to work on the next moon shot.

I removed the IC assembly from the distributor and filed the slot out a bit.
When I put them back in I was now able to move the plate in & out, so I
closed the gap as far as I could and I almost got it to the size of the
plastic gauge (close...almost there). I was then able to set the timing to
where I wanted it and the car seems to be running OK now.

I'll have to drive it around a bit and make some fine adjustments, but I
think I'm OK now.

Thanks John and thanks to all the other folks who provided food for thought.

Joe