Re: [6pack] Really need help!

To: "Couzelis,William M." <William.Couzelis@CNA.com>,
Subject: Re: [6pack] Really need help!
From: "Navarrette, Vance" <vance.navarrette@intel.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Sep 2009 07:19:50 -0700
        Bill:

        Did you set your timing to 10 BTDC with the vacuum retard disconnected?
You
should do this first.
      Is your vacuum retard connected to the proper port on your carbs? I have
seen many of these connected improperly, often with the assumption that the
vacuum capsule is a vacuum advance feature, rather than a retard.
        Loosen the linkage between the carbs when adjusting the idle, and use
either
a carb gauge or a piece of hose as a stethoscope to balance the carbs.
        If it is still idling too fast, check your bypass valves on the carbs.
If
they are not adjusted properly, they will give the symptoms you mention. A
giveaway for these is that often the engine will settle very slowly to idle at
a stop light.

        There is more stuff to check after that, but try these first, and tell
us how
it goes.

        Vance

    Vance Navarrette