Re: [6pack] tr6 wheels

To: walt <waltp58@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: [6pack] tr6 wheels
From: Robert Lang <lang@isis.mit.edu>
Date: Thu, 17 Sep 2009 17:29:49 -0400 (EDT)
On Thu, 17 Sep 2009, walt wrote:

> "Watch out for the offset. You want the smallest positive offset you can
> get... I see 4mm, 12mm and more. 4mm would be the preferred offset. That's
> about 1/4 inch."
>
> Does positive offset move the tire "out" (away from the hub) or vice versa?

Positive offset moves the outer edge of the wheel toward the centerline of
the car.

All the current cars with front wheel drive use wheels with offsets in the
+30 to +45 mm range. That's why we need spacers and adapters to make them
work.

Negative offset moves the outer edge away from the centerline of the car.

> Walt
> '74 TR6

regards,
rml
Bob Lang              NER/SCCA                 |  This space for rent
Solo Chair 2009       TR6 40 F Prepared        |  Triumph!
Voice:781-438-2568    FAX: 617-258-9535        |  Cell: 339-927-4489