Re: [6pack] Re-installing engine/trans rear mount w/OD

To: Douglas Morris <dcmdcm@nc.rr.com>
Subject: Re: [6pack] Re-installing engine/trans rear mount w/OD
From: Bud Rolofson <levilevi@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 22 Sep 2009 23:43:29 -0600
Doug,

Don't know about the right technique for installing the engine/tranny
lump.  But one thing I'm certain you want to do now and not later is
install this ground cable (Moss # 736-270 Cable Assembly, negative to
earth ) especially if you ever intend to in the future.  This is the
stock round braided ground cable.  On a whim I decided that I'd change
to the round cable versus the flat cable I had on there.  Big
Mistake...with the engine and tranny in the car.  It took me literally
hours to even figure out how I was going to be able to place my hands
so that I could twist a wrench on the right engine/tranny bolt and nut
(of which I tried multiple combinations of sockets and extensions and
etc.)..and then twist it (using a torque wrench) back the other way so
that it was tight enough because after all this is an engine/tranny
bolt.  Because of the placement of the grommets on the cable there's
little choice of engine/tranny bolts to use.

I've turned a lot of wrenches on my car but this was by far the most
challenging and time consuming thing I've ever encountered.  I'm
almost embarrassed to cop to that one.  Don't let it happen to
you...put the stock ground cable on BEFORE you install the engine/
tranny.

Bud Rolofson

71TR6 CC57365 (Good 6)
66TR4A CTC57806 (The Wreck-Almost parts)
66TR4A CTC57529 (The Project)
71F-250 Camper Special (Triumph Support Vehicle)
Z-50A Hardly Davidson 1977 Honda Mini-Trail Bike (Triumph Pit Bike)
levilevi@comcast.net