Re: [6pack] Ign. Switch Placement

To: Sally or Dick Taylor <tr6taylor@webtv.net>
Subject: Re: [6pack] Ign. Switch Placement
From: "Robert M. Lang" <lang@isis.mit.edu>
Date: Thu, 3 Jun 2010 18:02:00 -0400 (EDT)
On Thu, 3 Jun 2010, Sally or Dick Taylor wrote:

> Looks like I may be in the minority here, but I sure wouldn't go to the
> trouble of moving the under-the-steering-column switch. Could be because it's
> been working just fine for the last 37 years. I can find it in the dark, plus
> I am in the habit of cocking the front wheels when parked outside. This
> affords some assurance that anyone who wanted to take the car via tow-truck
> would have to deal  with the car seriously dragging down the road. (Rear
> wheels locked via hand brake and transmission gears). Is this fool proof? No,
> but should discourage the thought of theft.

You obviously don't live in Boston.

: -)

Cars with wheels at full lock, alarms blaring and other indicators are
seen being dragged down the street quite often in my neck of the woods.

> To keep the switch tumblers working, I do give them a shot of WD-40 when doing
> the doors and trunk lock.

Good practice. Dry lube is also good (like graphite).

> Dick
> 1973

regards,
rml
Bob Lang              Triumph TR6!!            |  This space for rent
2010 NER Solo Chair                            |
Voice:617-253-7438                             |  Cell: 339-927-4489

6pack@autox.team.net
Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Forums: http://www.team.net/forums