[6pack] springs - back to stock?

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: [6pack] springs - back to stock?
From: Jim Jones <jimjcmo@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 5 Dec 2010 17:15:40 -0800 (PST)
My car has a set of Goodparts springs and the suspension uses the nylatron
bushes. Great for handling on smooth winding roads ... if you can find any.
Maybe I'm succumbing to dottage from my advancing years, but the car is
starting to be painful to drive much of the time. I'm going to install poly
bushes front and rear and go back to stock springs with poly packing rings. My
questions are:

1.) Will this produce a more reasonable ride on my crumbling local roads?

2,) If so, whose "stock" springs most closely achive the correct stock height?
I have the original springs, but I presume that these have probably sagged
already.

Jim

6pack@autox.team.net
Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html