Re: [6pack] Seat Belt Interlock Module

To: Dale <tpdwinch@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [6pack] Seat Belt Interlock Module
From: David Friedlander <forzion7@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Sep 2014 18:04:16 -0400
Cc: 6-Pack <6pack@autox.team.net>
Dale;

If one unplugs the module, of course the signal stops. But then since the
ignition relay  and the neutral switch is also a part of the mix, pulling
the plug offers *complete* silence: Even when one turns the ignition key!
You cannot start the car without it. So, I have now followed what I think
Irv said. I have wired the white/red and white/orange wires together thus
bypassing the module, wiring the starter switch directly to the ignition
relay. I have unplugged/removed the module altogether.  That's one less
part to worry about: It's a non-serviceable, riveted assembly, NLS by the
Big Three anyway. My concern then was what if the module was offering a
true alarm: Some sort of circuit issue that could be draining the
battery.... sort of like pulling the battery out of your house smoke alarm
because it's an annoying signal.... Guess I'll find out! No module, no
sound! Ahhhh...

Thanks, all....

Cheers!

Dave