Re: [6pack] Seat Belt Interlock Module

To: David Friedlander <forzion7@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [6pack] Seat Belt Interlock Module
From: Irv Korey <emanteno@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 4 Sep 2014 17:41:33 -0500
Cc: 6-Pack <6pack@autox.team.net>
On Thu, Sep 4, 2014 at 11:18 AM, David Friedlander <forzion7@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Irv;
>
> On second thought, were you telling me that connecting the ignition wire
> (white/red) directly to the starter relay (white/orange) eliminates the
> need for the module altogether and to then just chuck it?
>
> I mean the car starts this way and there is no annoying interlock signal
> because I've removed it from the car, for now, but isn't this eliminating a
> warning alarm of some actual battery drain condition?

The cutting and splicing of the white with red and white with orange at the
module cures the issue of non starting, which is typically what happens at
some point with those modules. I've often wondered if the white with red
and the white with orange at the starter relay could be wired together at
that point, but never had the need and/or courage to try it out. Once I did
the splice at the module, my no start issue was resolved, and that is what
I was after.

I think the other wires in the plug going into the module are for the key
in the ignition buzzer and maybe something to do with the door. It's been
so many years since those worked in m car that I forget what they do. But,
with the module unplugged, that takes care of the noise from the interlock
as well as the other advisory buzzers. None of which, IMO, are of any
value. There is no alarm in a TR6 that I am aware of that warns of any
actual battery drain.

Irv Korey
74 TR6 CF22767U
Highland Park, IL