Re: [6pack] Carb tuning

To: 6 Pack <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [6pack] Carb tuning
From: Mark J Bradakis <mark@bradakis.com>
Date: Sat, 20 Sep 2014 12:38:07 -0600
James_ wrote:

> The sync tool measures very different between the carbs. High number on the
> rear and lower on the front.
> That has always been an issue to get a proper reading exact between the two.

It shouldn't be that difficult to sync them. Are you loosening the clamps for
both carbs from the center
linkage before trying to balance?

mjb.

From: dconnitt at fuse.net (Dave Connitt)
Date: Sun, 1 Jun 2014 19:57:51 -0400
Subject: [TR] TR4A 400 mile checkup

Today I put the TR4A up on jack stands and changed the oil and filter for it's
400 mile check. I started at the rear and worked my way up to the front
checking for loose fastners or anything needing attention. All I found was;
1. Driver side rear brake needed adjusting.
2. Added a couple of ty-wraps on the speedometer cable.
3. Passenger side front wheel bearing was a tad loose.
4. retorqued the head and adjusted the valves.
5. I checked the spark plugs and the center electrodes are tan and the rest of
the plug was black.
Not bad

I started installing the rear bumper today. I got as far as getting all the
rear fastners and brackets loosely attached. I need to work on the side
attachements and then I can start tightening things up.

Last Friday, I drove it to work (about 45 miles round trip) and another 40 or
so miles yesterday down the Ohio river and back. The reason I am not sure is
that the speedometer needs to be rebuilt. It broke two speedometer cables
until I caught on and disconnected it. The bearing that the main shaft runs it
has stiffened up. I talked to a gauge rebuilder and he said it would take 4
weeks to rebuild

Dave Connitt
'67 TR4A IRS

http://home.fuse.net/davestr4a