[6pack] 74 TR6

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>, "Triumph 6 Pack" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: [6pack] 74 TR6
From: dave n via 6pack <6pack@autox.team.net>
Date: Thu, 22 Oct 2015 09:33:00 -0500

--===============8431280611114677998==
        boundary="----=_NextPart_000_0047_01D10CAC.A47BCCA0"

------=_NextPart_000_0047_01D10CAC.A47BCCA0
        charset="UTF-8"

a friend has a 74 TR6, which he bought new.  parked it about 1987 in a =
barn, and we are now in the process of resurrecting it.  it is in =
reasonable shape; it was an Illinois car and there is some surface rust =
on the body, but nothing horrendous (now it is safely here in Texas).  =
the interior is also in reasonable condition.  of course, if this car =
were on ebay there would be =E2=80=9Cno rust=E2=80=9D and the interior =
would be =E2=80=9Cexcellent.=E2=80=9D

so far, so good =E2=80=93 the engine turns over nicely by hand!  yes, we =
are taking it slow; we want to preserve this car; it has about 70k miles =
on it and is pretty original.

we have run into an interesting snag =E2=80=93 the trunk won=E2=80=99t =
open.  by looking at my 72, it appears the trunk is unlocked =E2=80=93 =
the larger part of the opening for the key lock is on the bottom.  we =
can=E2=80=99t turn the lock with the key, and can=E2=80=99t push it in.  =
lightly tapping with a mallet does nothing.  pushing up or down on the =
trunk lid does nothing.

any thoughts/comments/direction?

just for the story =E2=80=93 he has recently retired here in Texas to be =
with the kids and grandkids, and noticed me driving my TR6 around.  he =
actually lives across the alley and over one from me!
------=_NextPart_000_0047_01D10CAC.A47BCCA0
        charset="UTF-8"

<HTML><HEAD></HEAD>
<BODY dir=3Dltr>
<DIV dir=3Dltr>
<DIV style=3D"FONT-SIZE: 12pt; FONT-FAMILY: 'Calibri'; COLOR: #000000">
<DIV>a friend has a 74 TR6, which he bought new.&nbsp; parked it about =
1987 in a=20
barn, and we are now in the process of resurrecting it.&nbsp; it is in=20
reasonable shape; it was an Illinois car and there is some surface rust =
on the=20
body, but nothing horrendous (now it is safely here in Texas).&nbsp; the =

interior is also in reasonable condition.&nbsp; of course, if this car =
were on=20
ebay there would be =E2=80=9Cno rust=E2=80=9D and the interior would be =
=E2=80=9Cexcellent.=E2=80=9D</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>so far, so good =E2=80=93 the engine turns over nicely by =
hand!&nbsp; yes, we are=20
taking it slow; we want to preserve this car; it has about 70k miles on =
it and=20
is pretty original.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>we have run into an interesting snag =E2=80=93 the trunk =
won=E2=80=99t open.&nbsp; by=20
looking at my 72, it appears the trunk is unlocked =E2=80=93 the larger =
part of the=20
opening for the key lock is on the bottom.&nbsp; we can=E2=80=99t turn =
the lock with the=20
key, and can=E2=80=99t push it in.&nbsp; lightly tapping with a mallet =
does=20
nothing.&nbsp; pushing up or down on the trunk lid does nothing.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>any thoughts/comments/direction?</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>just for the story =E2=80=93 he has recently retired here in Texas =
to be with the=20
kids and grandkids, and noticed me driving my TR6 around.&nbsp; he =
actually=20
lives across the alley and over one from =
me!</DIV></DIV></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0047_01D10CAC.A47BCCA0--