Re: That darn gasoline leak!

To: <Pasanville@aol.com>, <alpines@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: That darn gasoline leak!
From: "Louis & Laila" <bwana@c2i2.com>
Date: Sun, 4 Jun 2000 15:58:06 -0700
I have the "plastic" T-fitting as sold by Sunbeam Specialties. It works
great. I have two small hose clamps on it and never a leak. Compression
fittings will only make you wish you died at birth. I have had those on two
cars and they always leaked. Previous owners crank those things down to the
point of collapsing the tubes coming out of the carbs. Then it is impossible
to ever get them to seal. The fitting that Rick sells compensates for
imperfect buggered up tubes. Lou