Re: That darn gasoline leak!

Subject: Re: That darn gasoline leak!
From: "Sergio Dimarmo" <iwander@att.net>
Date: Tue, 6 Jun 2000 20:49:54 -0700
I use a 1/4 inch brass T fitting and use teflon ferrules instead of the
brass ones. You can get those at any home improvement store. You have to
drill out the T with a 1/4 inch drill bit to allow the carb inlet tubes to
recess into the T farther so you can get the correct distance between the
carbs for installation. Everyone I know has had problems with those original
T 's at one time or another including myself. My friends car even caught on
fire after the T on his car cracked and leaked gas all over is exhaust. Good
thing he is a Sunbeam owner from way back and always carries a fire
extinguisher. I made up a T and sent it to him after I heard what happened.
The good thing about using the teflon ferrules is that they don't crush you
carb inlet tubes like the brass ones do, so if you wanted to go back to an
original T you can. I've had the carbs on and off a few times, each time
replacing the teflon ferrules and haven't had any problems with leaks.

Sergio