Re: Dampeners

To: "Terry McKitrick" <terrymckitrick@hotmail.com>, <alpines@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Dampeners
From: "Tim Stiffy" <tstiffy@pulsenet.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Jun 2000 20:07:25 -0700
Terry,
When I first got my Series 1 Alpine, it had one good strap and one broken
one. I bought a web strap at one of the car shows. It was a heavy canvas
material with a weather resistant treatment. According to the vendor, the
material could withstand 2,000 lbs of yield. I removed the good strap and
used it as a template. Been on the car for three years and still looks good.
If you can't find this material, I've heard of some people using woven nylon
webbing used for tow straps and tie downs.

Good luck

Tim Stiffy
Series 1 Alpine