Re: Automatic Trans

To: alpines@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Automatic Trans
From: TIGEROOTES@aol.com
Date: Sat, 17 Jun 2000 20:01:13 EDT
Lou,
    I had one in my Minx 6 and I called and spoke to the Borg Warner rep
years ago and he said it uses Ford (type-F) fluid, but my transmission
rebuilder said that is wrong!  GM fluid.

    Try Datsun B-210 for parts.

    The Borg Warner Model 35 requires a special larger diameter pilot
bushing, not sintered bronze but steel, in the rear of the crankshaft.  It
will have a 2 speed shifter, but it is a 3-speed box: select first, go to
drive, shift back to first and you have second gear.  It has a rear pump, so
you will be able to compression start your car at about 25-30 mph!!  It is a
fun transmission!
Jim Leach   Pacific Tiger Club  Seattle