RE: Wiring alternative Alternator

To: Siegfried.Doerrer@caminus.com
Subject: RE: Wiring alternative Alternator
From: Jay_Laifman@countrywide.com
Date: Wed, 6 Sep 2000 08:49:04 -0700
>Great info Jay.  I've been holding out on trashing the
>lucas pending information like what you're providing.
>I'll be next up to bat on this one.
>Thanks, Siegfried

Glad to be of service.  I would like to point out that unless you are
running early headers, you probably don't need the Hitachi 14231.  This one
is 35 amp.  There is a slightly larger Hitachi that should work just fine
with the cast manifold, and I think is 60 amps.  I don't have it's number,
but I do have all the numbers off of the case:  "LR13544 82M 23100 B9800"
Seeing as how "14231" is a 5 digit number, maybe "13544" is this
alternator's number.  Lou mentioned a "14597".  Lou, what are the specs on
that one?

Jay