Re: Good for a Laugh on Friday Afternoon

To: "Thomas Wiencek" <wiencek@anl.gov>,
Subject: Re: Good for a Laugh on Friday Afternoon
From: "jon" <humber_snipe@hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 12 May 2001 10:23:30 -0500
----- Original Message -----
From: "Thomas Wiencek" <wiencek@anl.gov>

> Check out the price.
> http://www.car-nection.com/asp/dspcar.asp?Ref=12922

I'm sorry, but that is ludicrous. An asking price like that is a prime
example of how the old car hobby has been ruined by "investors".  My God,
this car was only about 4000 bucks new! For $58,000 I can build a car from
scratch that will out-perform it in every way, and that can be driven safely
on a daily basis.

Heck, for that kind of money, I could buy a nice Aston Martin DB6 or DB7.
Don't get me wrong, I'm as devout a Rootes enthusiast as they come (see my
"fleet list" below!), but honestly, a Tiger is NOT a $50,000 car, and trying
to push them up into that territory is just plain bad for us, the
enthusiasts.

Stepping off the soap box, flame me if you must, but that's how I see it!!

Jon Arzt
Omaha, NE  USA

1957 Hillman Minx
1958 Hillman MInx Convertible
1961 Humber Super Snipe
1966 Humber Super Snipe estate
1966 Sunbeam Alpine
1967 Sunbeam Alpine
1967 Sunbeam Funwagon
1974 Commer AutoSleeper
and past owner of 3 Tigers, 1 Mk I and two Mk IAs