Re: Valve adjustments

To: Jay_Laifman@countrywide.com
Subject: Re: Valve adjustments
From: "Steven L. Finberg" <w1gsl@MIT.EDU>
Date: Sat, 12 May 2001 20:18:15 -0400
Hi Jay

We want to adjust a valve when it is fully closed. This should be
true for a majority of the cam rotation, but we would like to be sure
we are not on one of the ramps of a cam lobe.  The best way to be sure of
this is to look at the valve of the cylinder on the opposite side
of the cam cycle.  It is much easier to tell when a valve is fully
open than fully closed. As the valve opens the movement is much more
noticable and well defined.  So find when cyl 1's valve is fully open
and adjust cyl 4... which should be centered off the cam lobe.

                        Steve F

Steve Finberg                        W1GSL                       w1gsl@mit.edu
PO Box 397082 MIT Br        Cambridge MA  02139-7082              617 258 3754