Re: Re: Jack Needed!

To: alpines@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Re: Jack Needed!
From: <cs_tscg@bellsouth.net>
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2001 17:50:02 -0400
On one occasion, I had a stripped spinner. It came of as I was travelling down
the road at 35 mph after taking a lazy corner. I have also stripped the hub
trying to peel out of a parking lot (in my teens). And finally, I had a spinner
come off because I put the front hubs on the wrong side. I learned my lesson on
that one! Needless to say, I switched to disks.

> From: bmounce@impop.bellatlantic.net
> Date: 2001/07/22 Sun PM 01:33:22 EDT
> To: robert nanzig <rnanzig@webtv.net>
> CC: Ian Spencer <ian@sunbeamalpine.org>,
>    Ken Tisdale
>   <ktisdale@ix.netcom.com>, SJC Worldwide <ssage@socal.rr.com>,
>    Tiger
>   Mailing List <tigers@autox.team.net>,
>    Alpine Mailing List
>   <alpines@autox.team.net>
> Subject: Re: Jack Needed!
>
> On my S4, back at college, I had a wire wheel begin breaking spokes, and
> about 1/3 of them were gone by the time I stopped.  Very scary, had a friend
> and her child with me at the time.  Bill
>
> robert nanzig wrote:
>
> > The factory jack works VERY well for emergency tire changes. I wouldn't
> > advise using it to work underneath the car, but it will get you out of a
> > bind if you have a flat. Read my June 1999 feature back issue at
> > www.sunbeamalpine.org. I had a flat on the way to Columbus, Ohio for a
> > Brit car show.
> > --------------------
> >      I also found mine very easy to use when my wheel fell off which
> > brings up an old subject that still haunts me. I know a number of you
> > have had your wire wheel spinners fall off but has anyone else had the
> > same experience I had in having the threads of the spinner strip out ? I
> > meant to bring the old spinner to the Invasion for show and tell and
> > then to the big Brit meet at Hickory Corners but I forgot.
> >
> > Rob Nanzig
> > 67SV

Chris Stephenson
cs@tscg.net