Re: Announcing the Sunbeam Alpine Owners Club of America

To: <alpines@autox.team.net>, <schristie@mail.usfli.com>
Subject: Re: Announcing the Sunbeam Alpine Owners Club of America
From: "Ian Spencer" <SpenceIC@Healthall.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2001 11:08:23 -0500
Everyone,
I'd like to follow up Scott' announcement by telling everyone how excited I am
to be a part of this clubs creation. Over the past two years I have received
hundreds upon hundreds of emails from Alpine owners that are new to the hobby
and don't know where to go for help.

I have seen a tremendous amount of interest in Alpines and it's amazingly a
younger group of people (20's through 40's). As we kick off this new club, we
will be conducting a survey to gather information on how members would like to
see this club built. As an organized group, we can help the SAOC of England
with their quest to manufacture reproduction parts for early Alpines. We can
also sponsor members events and activities.

We have a good group of people involved in the creation of this club and I feel
we can make a great improvement in education and respect for the Alpine. Please
contact me directly if you have any questions or concerns.

Ian Spencer
Club President, SAOC of America
Membership # 0001

Ian Spencer
Client Services
University Hospital
Health Alliance of Greater Cincinnati
(513) 584-0365

>>> <schristie@mail.usfli.com> 11/21/01 10:23AM >>>
Fellow Alpine Owners,

Many of you are aware of the definitive Alpine website,
www.sunbeamalpine.org.  Due to the tremendous success of this website, we
are organizing a new club. The purpose of The Sunbeam Alpine Owners Club of
America (www.saoca.org) is national promotion of the Alpine and support of
its owners. We feel that for too long the Alpine has been overshadowed by
the Tiger.

Our first-ever "Sunbeam Invasion" this past June brought hundreds of people
and approximately 60 Alpines. This was the litmus test to determine if
there truly was a need to be filled for Alpine owners. Because of the
tremendous success of this event, and the enthusiasm that followed, we'd
like to continue to build on the momentum through the formation of this
club.

I encourage you to visit our club website, www.saoca.org.  There you can
read about the many benefits of being a member of the SAOC of America. This
is the first official announcement, but through word of mouth we already
have over 30 members.

Long live the Sunbeam Alpine!

Scott Christie
Club Secretary, SAOC of America