Re: Announcing the Sunbeam Alpine Owners Club of America

To: ian@sunbeamalpine.org, alpines@autox.team.net, armorseal@spiretech.com
Subject: Re: Announcing the Sunbeam Alpine Owners Club of America
From: TIGEROOTES@aol.com
Date: Thu, 22 Nov 2001 23:18:28 EST
 ian@sunbeamalpine.org writes:

<< You would clearly see that the existing clubs in the US have not filled
the void that the Alpine owners are wanting filled. All of these clubs are
Tiger based organizations that make the Alpine park in back and do nothing to
promote education for the Alpine owners.  >>

Ian,
    I strongly object to what you have written and posted of the Alpine List,
and I think Pacific Tiger Club and its members deserve a personal apology
from you.

    Our Club of around one hundred members is NOT specifically a Tiger Club
other than by name and we DO NOT shun Alpines or other Rootesmobiles, in fact
we welcome one and all.

    Over the 25 years I have been with my Club, we have had almost every type
of Postwar Rootes car represented, and we have always supported our members
hobby cars to the fullest extent and encouraged their participation,
enthusiastically.

    The oldest model was a John Gray's 1947 Hillman Minx convertible and the
newest would currently be Kevin Rogers 1969 Alpine Coupe, although we had a
1970 model as a member for one year.  We have had Karrier Motorhomes, Hillman
and Sunbeam Imps, many Rapiers, Singer Gazelles, proper Talbots a proper
Alpine, and several Huskys, Minx's, and a Hillman Estate (4 door wagon).  We
even has a 1968 Hillman Hunter.  Count two Super Minxs as well.

    I can't begin to guess how many Alpines we have had pass thru our Club
and receive technical advice, parts and expert mechanical repairs from PTC
members.  Most of these cars are still on the road today, because of the
support from PTC.  In many cases a person has joined Pacific Tiger with a
Hillman or an Alpine and they have become addicted and purchased another
Rootes car...often "stepping-up" to an Alpine or to a Tiger.  Obviously you
don't know our Club very well, but you have unfairly painted us in a negative
tone with a very broad brush.

Jim Leach   Pacific Tiger Club  Seattle