Mirrors on doors or fenders

To: alpines@autox.team.net
Subject: Mirrors on doors or fenders
From: Jay_Laifman@countrywide.com
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2002 16:00:47 -0800
I've had both.  I had the convex Lucas mirrors on my SV.  Now on my S3 I
have Raydots on the doors - also with a very slight convex curve that helps
widen the view, but not make it impossible.  There is NO DOUBT that the
ones on the fenders worked the best.  I could see both side lanes without
moving my head, only a dart of the eyes.  I also thought they looked
appropriate for an English roadster on my SV.  But, now with my S3, I think
they would have ruined the lines.  I'm still of the same belief.

I don't know if it's because of the pointy fins - which have a special flow
backwards that the SV does not have.  So, maybe the SV didn't have that
flow to lose.  Or, perhaps, it's just what you are used to.

But I'm sticking with them OFF the fenders.

Jay