Wanted: First Motion Shaft

To: alpines@autox.team.net
Subject: Wanted: First Motion Shaft
From: Jay_Laifman@countrywide.com
Date: Thu, 19 Sep 2002 12:19:26 -0700
I obtained an NOS gear box from the later Alpines and such (yes, NOS,
still with the factory wrapping around it).  It has a longer first motion
shaft and a different main shaft.  I am putting my OD main shaft in there.
 I was going to use my existing fine spline first motion shaft, or the
extra used fine spline one I had laying around, or the course spine one
that is on the extra box I've got lying around.  However, after inspecting
the fine spline ones, I've found that they have a bit of wear on the
inside surface which will now or ultimately make it noisier.  One of them
also had some pitting in the very bottom of that inside surface area.  I
have not opened up the course spline one yet.  Does anyone have a really
good first motion shaft to sell?  Course or fine spline, doesn't matter.

Thanks,
Jay
1963 Sunbeam Alpine, S3, Holbay "N LVN IT"