Re: [Re: wires to mags]

To: Victor Hughes <hughes@scides.canberra.edu.au>,
Subject: Re: [Re: wires to mags]
From: Jan Eyerman <jan.eyerman@usa.net>
Date: Thu, 19 Sep 2002 21:27:11 -0400
Vic,

I checked my Alpine parts manual and my Minx and Super Minx parts manuals....

The Alpine 3 uses the same front hub and the same rear hubs as the Minx
Series V & VI and the Super Minx II, III & IV. So if you can find one of the
Minxes, you can use the parts.

I am curious, has anyone tried to adapt Alpine wire wheel hubs to a drum
braked Minx?  The rears should be easy, but how do you mount the brake drums
onto the wire wheel front hub???  I have been considering Triumph wire wheel
adapters drilled for the 4 1/4 inch bolt circle (which quite doable).

Jan Eyerman
1962 Hillman Minx Series IIIC Convertible (with disk wheels and 10" Rapier
front drum brakes)
1973 Hillman Avenger DL (with disk wheels and wheel trims)

Victor Hughes <hughes@scides.canberra.edu.au> wrote:
Which brings me to another question.  Does anyone on the list with a wider
knowledge of Rootes cars (Jan Eyerman, Jim Leach?) know if the hubs from
other Rootes cars eg Super Minx. would fit on the Alpine.  That might make
sourcing hubs a lot easier for me in Australia.

Vic, who has discovered he has one spare hub (with only 3 wheel studs) in a
box of bits from the DPO