Re: VOLVO Clutch

To: "alpines@autox.team.net" <alpines@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: VOLVO Clutch
From: ellis838@concentric.net
Date: Sun, 26 Jan 2003 11:28:27 -0500
  The MGB cover and Volvo plate works well is cheaper and easier to get,
I also think the quality of the MG/Volvo parts is better. Sorting the
combination of pivot block and release arm is the only difficult part.
The 7 inch Rootes plate seems to like to spit the springs out and the
plates I have bought look like they were rebuilt in the back yard in
grandpas spare time.  I figure my 1725 is good for 130+hp and with the
205 tires I am not sure the stock 7 inch clutch could take the strain...
Jim E