So Cal TT Reminder

To: alpines@autox.team.net
Subject: So Cal TT Reminder
From: Eric <ejmwdesign@covad.net>
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2005 19:18:28 -0700
Just wanted to remind everyone about the SoCalTT.  It's coming up on
May 15th and 16th.

I've done it several times and it never fails to be a truly great time.

What is it :  The TT is a true driving event.  There's no parking the
car on the lawn and talking about how much your mechanic charged you to
rebuild your strombergs.  This is a 650 miles over two days rally over
some of Southern California's best driving roads.  It starts out in
Elysian Park next to Dodger stadium and its up the 2 to the Angeles
Crest Highway, across to Arrowhead and Big Bear and Down into the Yucca
Valley.  We stay in a cool little motel in Yucca Valley and take the
long way around back to LA.  There's an awards banquet where the food
is always excellent and plaques and or statues are given for everything
from Best Newcomer to the Catastrophic Failure Award Given to the
driver who talked the most BS about his car and then blew it up in the
desert.

The event is open to pre '76 cars of any type.  (no snobbery here just
cool people)  We get everything from Datsun 510s to Aston Martins.
Although there are never enough Roots products we did have a tiger and
my alpine one year.

If you love driving you Sunbeam and like hanging out with like-minded
enthusiasts the TT is a blast.

I recommend checking out the TT website at: socaltt.com

There's even a little video I shot while driving my '62 Alpine two
years ago.

Hope to see some of you there.

Eric

'62 SerII