Re: Tacho connection

To: Louis & Laila <bwana@c2i2.com>, Steven Graham
Subject: Re: Tacho connection
From: "jarrid_gross@earthlink.net" <jarrid_gross@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2005 08:59:38 -0700 (GMT-07:00)
Lou,

Well it worked on my setup, probably has alot to do with the dwell that the
ignition puts on the coil.
Some of the dumber electronic ignitions put near 100% dwell in coil at low
RPMs, this is wastefull, and probably saturates the magnetics of the current
pickup.

If I had a schematic of the factory tach. I'd figure out a way to modify it to
have a direct connection to the primary of the coil, like normal tachs have.

Another posibility would be to design a simple tach circuit and just use the
tachs meter movement.

Hey you still interested in my EFI intake?
The person I originally promised to sell it to, kinda flaked.

Jarrid Gross
SII 1725 EFI