Driving an Alpine again!

To: "alpines@autox.team.net" <alpines@autox.team.net>
Subject: Driving an Alpine again!
From: humbersnipe <humbersnipe@cox.net>
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2005 23:31:55 -0500
Hi fellow Alpine fans!

       For the past week, I've been driving my SerV Alpine for the first
time in six years, and it's been fabulous! I know I've got bodywork to
do, panels to replace, and paint to do -  but for just a short while,
I'm enjoying the feeling of driving a car that's been an old friend for
almost 25 years.

       Yes, it took a few repairs to get ready for the road. I had to
put a new exhaust on, replace the rear brakes, overhaul the carbs, I
even put the original wire wheels back on. My goodness, was it really
1989 that I swapped to steel wheels to drive to SUNI ???  It feels so
good to be behind the wheel!!!

I won't let it be this long again.  This was the first car I ever had
that I told myself I'd never sell. And I never will.

Jon Arzt
Omaha, NE  USA

Check out the new British Cars Forum: