Re: Sunbeam Restoration Guide

To: "boxweed" <boxweed@thebest.net>, "drmayf" <drmayf@mayfco.com>
Subject: Re: Sunbeam Restoration Guide
From: "Tony Someone" <tonythetiger@onecliq.net>
Date: Sun, 1 Jan 2006 21:15:10 -0600
Bob- when you sent the information about the S1 Alpine I must admitt I wasnt
to interested. Being into Tigers but having a couple of S5 Alpines and one
S3 I was hoping to install a V6 into, I really wouldnt have much use for a
restoration book about a S1. I did however think that it was great you where
lucky enough to find such a wonderful car with the orginal oil still in the
pan. Im sure the car is immaculate and I can only hope it was stored in a
state that has warm weather and low humitidy.
 Then a few post arrived and after reading those Ive decided I would be
tickled to buy your book. Im sure it will be most interesting and since we
have all given our new friend at Motorsports Mag a generous welcome and not
belittled him for making money writing articles and selling adds I see no
reason to look down our noses at you. especially since Im sure the cost of
haveing the book published is so expensive that the small fee of $50 is to
just cover cost. That you have no thoughts of making a profit but your idea
is more in line with just breaking even while being kind enough to make one
more publication available to the Rootes family and using what you strongly
believe is rolling proof of dealer orginality as the basis of your material.
Please do not be discouraged by the thought some might have. It is your car
and it is your time and to can use both as you see fit. Right now there are
408 items posted on epay under Subeam Tiger and every person selling is
looking for a profit. I dont think that is what you are searching for.
PLEASE do not hesitate to put your efforts towards what makes you happy. I
also believe IF ask you would have been more than happy to have sent anyone
who ask about the orginality of a certain part, fixture, hose clamp, bracket
etc etc a pic, showing that interested person excatly how it looked in 1960.
Keep your chin up and continue to smile. You have only ask if anyone is
interested in the information in book form not for their first born child,
grandchild or great grandchild. I dont have the money today but by the time
it is published I certainly hope to. Write me down, Ill buy one. Happy New
Year, Tony in southern IL