autox-cm

Re: Proposed Rules Change

To: C mod <autox-cm@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Proposed Rules Change
From: Charlie Mathews <cmathews@theramp.net>
Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2001 12:48:33 -0500
On the surface, this would seem to be a change with no benefit except to save
transmissions.  Say what you want, but I suspect that whoever proposed this
spent
a considerable amount of time coming up with a way to get more speed out of
their
car, that will cause all of us to spend money to keep.  Let me explain, I have
never heard of anyone who destroyed a transmission by shifting into reverse as
has been described on this list.  If there are examples, let me know, and please
provide names.  My contention is that you don't fix something that isn't broke;
and while there is a possibility of damage, there is are no actual examples
therefore no downside cost.  (If we want to keep people from damaging their cars
beyond their ability to fix them, we better write a rule that prohibits them
from
competing.)

So, with the above said, then there is no reason to make this change, unless,
there is a competitive advantage.  No one does something for nothing.
Therefore,
I suggest, as others have, that this revision to the rules not be implemented
for
CMod.  I won't speak for other classes, but IMHO all GCR legal classes should
follow suit.

I'm sure there is a good story why this was proposed, maybe one day we will get
to here it.

Charlie Mathews

///
///  autox-cm@autox.team.net mailing list