autox-cm

Re: Proposed Rules Change

To: "C mod" <autox-cm@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Proposed Rules Change
From: "anne & greg" <gvav27@home.com>
Date: Sun, 15 Apr 2001 18:37:37 -0400
Just thought the list should know that the recommendation from the Mod advisory
committee (MAC) is that the proposal should be reworded to exclude CMod.  It
might also be interesting to note that the rule as proposed was never reviewed
by the MAC.  It came directly from the SEB.

By the way, the CMod list has been kind of quiet until I brought up this
question.  I'm glad to see more activity but it would be better if we could
respect each others positions.  I don't think that anyone here is taking the
position that we should screw the other classes.  On the one hand it has been
suggested that we not open the rules up without a clear benefit to all impacted
classes and on the other hand it has been pointed out that where an issue is
present we should take steps to resolve it.  These positions are not
inconsistent.  CM doesn't need the change so it can be left alone.  AM, BM, DM,
and EM need the change so let the rule be written so that it applies only to
those classes.

Greg Vincent
CM 127
Van Diemen RF84