autox-cm

Six-point harnesses

To: C Modified <autox-cm@autox.team.net>
Subject: Six-point harnesses
From: Mark Sirota <msirota@isc.upenn.edu>
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2001 17:37:33 -0400
The harness I currently have in my car is from TRW Sabelt that I
bought from Racer Wholesale in 1994.  It clearly needs to be
rewebbed or replaced.

However, I dearly love the sub strap buckle (the metal part to
which the two sub straps connect, which then plugs into the bottom
of the camlock buckle).  It's far more comfortable than any other
I've seen.  But I can't seem to find out how to contact TRW Sabelt
to ask about rewebbing -- does anyone know?

Simpson, naturally, won't re-web another company's harness, and
they're not willing to reuse the sub buckle.  But they have a great
rewebbing or trade-in pricing deal, and you can specify the details
of the lengths of each belt and such (my current belts are way too
long).

What brand of harness are you using?  Are the lap belts pull-up
or pull-down?  Is the sub strap easily adjustable?  How do the
sub straps attach?  What do you like or dislike about the harness
in general?

Thanks for your help.

Mark

///